- 1 lb extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1 and 1/2 cups white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs fresh parsley
- In a large saute pan add the olive oil and 1 tbs of the the butter. Add the shrimp and saute for about 1 minute on each side. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute, then add the white wine, lemon juice, oregano and remaining butter.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until sauce reduces and somewhat thickens.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan and saute for another 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve on a large platter or in individual bowls.