Sole with Mushrooms
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 lb apple
- 2 tbs butter
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 sole or flounder filets about 1/4 lb each
- apple slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup hard cider
- Mince the mushrooms, then peel, core and chop the apple.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and saute the mushrooms and apple using medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the heat and cook, stirring until most of the excess liquid has evaporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Off the heat stir in the bread crumbs, half of the mustard and the chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the sole fillets and roll up, skinned side inside. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place the rolled fillets seam side down, in a oven proof baking dish.
- Whisk together the remaining mustard and the cider, then spoon over the fish.
- Broil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with the mustard mixture.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve the fish garnished with apple slices.