Southern Fried Pickles
- 3 large dill pickles, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- Add the flour to a bowl, then add the garlic powder onion powder, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Slice the pickles thinly then add to a bowl with the buttermilk. Let soak for 1 hour.
- Drain the pickles then toss in the seasoned flour. Shake off excess then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan or deep fryer, fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Add the pickles to the hot oil and fry until golden and crispy. About 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.