Southern Fried Pickles
|3 large dill pickles, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1 cup flour|
|2 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|kosher salt and black pepper|
|vegetable oil for deep frying|
- Add the flour to a bowl, then add the garlic powder onion powder, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Slice the pickles thinly then add to a bowl with the buttermilk. Let soak for 1 hour.
- Drain the pickles then toss in the seasoned flour. Shake off excess then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan or deep fryer, fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Add the pickles to the hot oil and fry until golden and crispy. About 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.