Southwestern Meatballs with Corn
- 1 (8oz) can of yellow corn, drained
- 3/4 lb of ground beef
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 3/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs (Made by adding fresh bread to a food processor)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients for meatballs.
- Form 40 golf ball sized meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for the meatballs.