Southwestern Meatballs with Corn
|1 (8oz) can of yellow corn, drained|
|3/4 lb of ground beef|
|3/4 lb ground pork|
|1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts|
|3/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs (Made by adding fresh bread to a food processor)|
|2 large eggs|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp oregano|
|2 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste|
|1 and 1/2 cups chicken or beef stock|
|1 tbs chili powder|
|2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce|
|1 small onion, minced|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tbs cider vinegar|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients for meatballs.
- Form 40 golf ball sized meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for the meatballs.