Strawberry Spinach Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing
|10 oz fresh spinach, stems removed|
|1 cup celery, sliced on the diagonal|
|1 pint of fresh strawberries, halved|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 cup pecans|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|4 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp dry mustard|
|2/3 cup wine vinegar|
|4 scallions, chopped|
|2 cups vegetable oil|
|3 tbs poppy seeds|
|Crumbles of Feta||2 tbs|
This salad is dressed with a poppy seed dressing along with caramelized pecans.
- To prepare the pecans, combine the sugar and pecans in a heavy frying pan. Slowly cook until all the sugar has melted onto the pecans and they are browned.
- Place them on a foil-covered baking sheet to cool.
- To make the dressing, combine sugar, salt, mustard, vinegar, and scallions in a blender or food processor. While running slowly drizzle in the oil.
- Place in a container and add the poppy seeds, cover, and refrigerate.
- Combine the spinach, strawberries, and pecans.
- Lightly coat with the dressing and toss.
- Top with feta