Sweet and Sour Cod Fish
- 4 cod fillets about 6 oz each, skinned
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 lb scallions
- 1/4 lb button mushrooms
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- Divide each cod fillet in half lengthwise. Roll up neatly with the skinned side inside.
- Mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, ketchup, garlic and paprika.
- Place in a large saute pan, then add the fish, and baste with the sauce.
- Bring to a very gentle simmer, cover and cook until fish flakes easily. About 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile half the pepper, remove the core and seeds and cut into strips.
- Slice the scallions and halve the mushrooms.
- Heat oil in another saute pan and stir fry the vegetables along with the ginger over high heat, just until tender. About 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the fish with the sauce spooned over and accompanied by the stir fried vegetables.