|1/2 lb smoked cod's roe, skinned|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1 and 1/3 cups fresh breadcrumbs|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|grated rind and juice from 1 lemon|
|2/3 cup extra virgin oil|
|black pepper to taste|
- Break up the cod’s roe, then place in a blender or a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the garlic along with the bread crumbs, onion, and lemon rind and juice. Blend for a few more seconds.
- Gradually add the oil, blending after each addition, until smooth.
- Blend in 6 tbs hot water along with the black pepper.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with crackers, crusty bread or pita chips.