The Chipotle Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/8" thick.
- 1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/8 " thick
- kosher and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 slices Wisconsin Chipotle Jack cheese
- 8 slices Sourdough bread
- 6 tbs butter at room temperature
This recipe is the courtesy of the Wisconsin Cheese Academy. It contains chipotle jack cheese, yellow squash, zucchini and bacon on sourdough bread.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add the garlic and olive and saute for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the squashes and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and let bubble for 3 minutes to cook off alcohol. Remove the squash to a bowl.
- In a skillet, fry the bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- Place 1 slice Chipotle Jack cheese on each of four bread slices.
- Top each with a few tablespoons of squash, 2 bacon slices, and another slice of chipotle Jack.
- Top each with another bread slice.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Butter top of each sandwich, turn over and place, butter side down in the pan.
- Spread the top piece of bread with butter. Grill turning once until the bread is golden brown and cheese melted.