The Chicken Gorgonzola Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|1 cup walnut halves or pieces, toasted|
|1 clove garlic|
|1/4 cup Wisconsin Parmesan cheese, grated|
|8 oz arugula|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|6 tbs butter at room temperature|
|8 slices of ciabatta bread|
|1 cup dried cranberries|
|8 oz Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese|
This recipe is courtesy of the Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Academy. It contains grilled chicken breast along with Wisconsin Gorgonzola and walnut pesto and dried cranberries on ciabatta bread.
- To make the pesto, place the walnuts, garlic, Parmesan and arugula in a food processor and pulse to chop.
- With the machine running, drizzle in the olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill over medium high heat, then season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill for about 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness until cooked through. Reserve on a plate.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each ciabatta slice and place 4 slices, butter side down in pan and top each with 1 tbs of pesto, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chicken breast and about 2 oz of Gorgonzola.
- Top each with another tbs of pesto and ciabatta slice, butter side up.
- Grill to golden on both sides, turning sandwiches once.