The Chicken Gorgonzola Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 cup walnut halves or pieces, toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup Wisconsin Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz arugula
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tbs butter at room temperature
- 8 slices of ciabatta bread
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 8 oz Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese
This recipe is courtesy of the Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Academy. It contains grilled chicken breast along with Wisconsin Gorgonzola and walnut pesto and dried cranberries on ciabatta bread.
- To make the pesto, place the walnuts, garlic, Parmesan and arugula in a food processor and pulse to chop.
- With the machine running, drizzle in the olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill over medium high heat, then season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill for about 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness until cooked through. Reserve on a plate.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each ciabatta slice and place 4 slices, butter side down in pan and top each with 1 tbs of pesto, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chicken breast and about 2 oz of Gorgonzola.
- Top each with another tbs of pesto and ciabatta slice, butter side up.
- Grill to golden on both sides, turning sandwiches once.