Tuna Tartare with Shallots Capers and Dijon Mustard
- 1 lb sushi grade tuna, free from sinew
- 2 hard cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbs shallots, minced
- 1 tbs capers, chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- Crackers and thin sliced rye bread for serving
- lemon wedges for serving
- parsley sprigs for garnish
- Thinly slice, julienne and dice the raw tuna loin and place it in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the anchovy, crackers and bread.
- Divide the tuna among four serving bowls or martini glasses and top with some to the chopped anchovy and garnish with lemon wedges and a sprig of parsley.
- Chill completely before serving the drizzle with a little olive oil.