Warm Turkey and Chick Pea Salad
|2 cups turkey breast, cubed|
|1 cup baby spinach, packed and finely chopped|
|2 tbs shallots, diced|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbs fresh basil, chopped|
|1 tsp fresh rosemary, crumbled|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 fuji or gala apples, thinly sliced|
|1 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
This is a wonderful salad that contains baby spinach, basil, shallots and olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the vinegar, herbs and shallots and bring to a boil.
- Add chickpeas and 1 tbs of the lemon juice.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat,
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining lemon juice, turkey and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rim individual salad plates with apples and evenly divide the salad into the center of each plate.
- Spritz with more lemon juice and serve warm.