Wheat Berry Salad
- 1 cup cooked wheat berries
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbs tahini
- 3 tbs plain yogurt
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
Wheat berries are delicious and full of beneficial vitamins and fiber.
- To cook the wheat berries, first lightly roast in a dry pan until they begin to darken ad smell nutty.
- Remove from the pan while adding 2 cups of water and bring to a boil, and add the roasted wheat berries and simmer gently for 1 and 1/2 hours. Drain.
- Mix the bean sprouts, bell peppers and wheat berries together.
- In a bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together until well blended and pour over salad.