Whole Wheat Linguine with Goat Cheese and Spinach
- 1/2 lb whole wheat linguine
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 lb goat cheese
- 1/8 cup toasted pine nuts
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Roasted Garlic Puree:
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive
- Place garlic along with 2 tbs of olive oil in foil, seal and roast in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile lightly toast the pine nuts in a saute pan using medium heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly browned
- Let garlic slightly cool, then squeeze from paper covering.
- Puree the garlic in a food processor or mortar and pestle.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain well
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the roasted garlic puree.
- Add the spinach and wilt.
- Add the linguine and toss well, then season with salt and pepper
- Crumble the goat cheese over, then sprinkle with toasted nuts.