Whole Wheat Linguine with Goat Cheese and Spinach
|1/2 lb whole wheat linguine|
|1 cup spinach, packed|
|2 tsp garlic puree|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/4 lb goat cheese|
|1/8 cup toasted pine nuts|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Roasted Garlic Puree:|
|1 head garlic|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive|
- Place garlic along with 2 tbs of olive oil in foil, seal and roast in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile lightly toast the pine nuts in a saute pan using medium heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly browned
- Let garlic slightly cool, then squeeze from paper covering.
- Puree the garlic in a food processor or mortar and pestle.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain well
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the roasted garlic puree.
- Add the spinach and wilt.
- Add the linguine and toss well, then season with salt and pepper
- Crumble the goat cheese over, then sprinkle with toasted nuts.