- 2 lbs of yucca root, peeled and cut into french fry shapes about the size of your index finger.
- Oil for deep frying
- kosher salt
- lime wedges for serving
- chili sauce for dipping.
Yucca is a versatile root that is prepared in many ways in Latin America. This recipe is super simple and sure to be one of your favorites.
- Boil the yucca in a large saucepan with water to cover for 10-15 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Drain the yucca and dry completely. Remove and stringy strands.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large sauce pan 1/2 full with oil to 350 degrees.
- Make sure the yucca is dried the fry in batches until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, then season with salt.
- Serve with lime wedges and or a chili sauce for dipping.