Avocado and Crab Soup
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 tsp chopped chervil or parsley
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 avocados, chilled
- 2 tbs plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbs lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix the crab meat with the celery, chervil or parsley, and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a blender or food processor.
- Add the Greek yogurt, lime juice, stock kosher salt and 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Puree until very smooth. Taste and re season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cover and chill soup completely.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls and top each bowl with 1/4 of the crab meat salad in the center.
Recipe adapted from Shaun McCrain of the Book Bindery in Seattle.