Avocado and Crab Soup
|1 lb jumbo lump crab meat|
|1 celery stalk diced|
|1 tsp chopped chervil or parsley|
|1 tsp lemon zest|
|1 cup vegetable or chicken stock|
|2 avocados, chilled|
|2 tbs plain greek yogurt|
|1 tbs lime juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Mix the crab meat with the celery, chervil or parsley, and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a blender or food processor.
- Add the Greek yogurt, lime juice, stock kosher salt and 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Puree until very smooth. Taste and re season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cover and chill soup completely.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls and top each bowl with 1/4 of the crab meat salad in the center.
Recipe adapted from Shaun McCrain of the Book Bindery in Seattle.