Bacon Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers
|1 lb ground chuck|
|1/2 lb bacon|
|1/2 lb blue cheese crumbled|
|lettuce and tomato slices for serving|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|4 sesame seed hamburger buns|
- Divide the chuck into 4 patties and set aside.
- Fry the bacon until almost crispy, drain on paper towels then chop into small pieces.
- Make a small indentation in the middle of each burger pattie and place 1/4 of the bacon and 1/4 of the cheese into each indentation.
- Fold the burger pattie around the bacon and blue cheese so that it is completely encased in the middle. Seal tightly.
- Cover the burgers and allow them to come close to room temperature.
- Once the burgers have come to room temperature, add the canola oil to a large frying pan and fry the burgers for about 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved. Season burgers on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile toast the buns in a preheated oven.
- When burgers are done place on the toasted rolls and add tomato slices and lettuce leaves.