|1/2 cup vegetable shortening|
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|1 cup mashed ripe bananas|
|2 cups flour|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp baking soda|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp cloves|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
|confectioners sugar, for glaze, optional|
- In a mixing bowl, blend shortening, brown sugar and eggs.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- In a different bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture.
- Stir in walnuts, then chill mixture covered for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- If desired, blend confectioners sugar with water to make a thin glaze, then drizzle over warm cookies.