- 2 cups cooked navy beans (Canned are fine, just drain and rinse them well)
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 0z) can of evaporated milk
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs flour, sifted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 2 frozen pie shells, thawed
This is a surprisingly delicious and healthy pie.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the beans with a potato masher.
- Add the butter, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and flour
- With an electric hand mixer, mix until well blended about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to blend.
- Pour mixture into two pie shells and bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown and set.