|2 cups cooked navy beans (Canned are fine, just drain and rinse them well)|
|1 (14 0z) can of evaporated milk|
|1 stick of unsalted butter, softened|
|1 tsp nutmeg|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|2 tbs flour, sifted|
|2 cups sugar|
|2 tbs pure vanilla extract|
|2 frozen pie shells, thawed|
This is a surprisingly delicious and healthy pie.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the beans with a potato masher.
- Add the butter, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and flour
- With an electric hand mixer, mix until well blended about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to blend.
- Pour mixture into two pie shells and bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown and set.