Broiled Halibut with Lemon and Garlic
- 4 (6 oz) Halibut fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon slices and parsley leaves for garnish
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan combine butter, garlic, basil and parsley.
- Heat over low heat until butter is melted and garlic is softened. about 3 minutes. Take care not to brown butter and or burn garlic.
- Place the halibut fillets skin side down on a foil lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the butter mixture over each fillet.
- With broiler on high, broil halibut for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Take care not to overcook.
- Serve with rice, potatoes, garlic broccoli.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.