Broiled Halibut with Lemon and Garlic
|4 (6 oz) Halibut fillets|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tbs fresh basil leaves, torn|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|lemon slices and parsley leaves for garnish|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- In a small saucepan combine butter, garlic, basil and parsley.
- Heat over low heat until butter is melted and garlic is softened. about 3 minutes. Take care not to brown butter and or burn garlic.
- Place the halibut fillets skin side down on a foil lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the butter mixture over each fillet.
- With broiler on high, broil halibut for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Take care not to overcook.
- Serve with rice, potatoes, garlic broccoli.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.