Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 4 (8 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbs olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 16 slider buns
- lettuce leaves and dill pickle slices
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup bottled chunky blue cheese dressing
These delicious sliders are topped with a wonderful avocado blue cheese sauce along with lettuce and dill pickle slices.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and using a meat mallet or heavy pan flatten to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush evenly with olive oil, then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cut each breast into 4 equal pieces.
- In a large bowl, stir together the hot sauce and butter. Reserve 1/4 of the sauce mixture for basting.
- Add chicken to the bowl, turning to coat with remaining sauce mixture. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Spray a grill rack with nonstick grilling spray. Heat grill using high heat.
- Remove chicken for marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill chicken over high heat for about 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Brush with reserved basting sauce mixture.
- To make the avocado blue cheese sauce, in a small bowl, place the avocado and lemon juice and mash with a fork or potato masher. Stir in the blue cheese dressing.
- Place the chicken pieces on the 16 slider buns, top with the avocado blue cheese sauce then add lettuce and pickle slices.