Caribbean Beef Kebabs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbs molasses
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs top sirloin of beef cut into 12 (1 and 1/2 inch) cubes
- 12 small white onions
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 and 1/2 inch squares
- 1 medium, yellow, orange, or red bell pepper seeded and cut into 1 and 1/2 inch squares
- 12 (1 inch) cubes pineapple
These Kebabs are charcoal broiled skewered beef, with pineapple, tomatoes, peppers and onions.
- Combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, molasses, salt and black pepper.
- Add the cubes of beef and allow to stand in the marinade at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Drain and reserve marinade to use as a basting sauce.
- Meanwhile drop the onions into boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain and when cool slip off the skins.
- Thread the meat, onions, tomatoes, peppers and pineapple cubes alternately on four pre-soaked wooden skewers.
- Brush with the marinade.
- Using a charcoal grill or an oven broiler, cook the kebabs 4 inches from the heat, turning every 3 minutes or so for about 10 minutes. or until the beef is cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
- Baste with marinade each time the kebabs are turned.
- Serve with white rice and pour any reserved marinade over the kebabs.