Carrot Apple Slaw with Cranberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks 1/4 inch thick
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbs toasted almonds, toasted
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive
- Put the cranberries, onion, 1 tbs orange juice and lemon juice in a small bowl and combine. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Put carrots, apple, mint, the cranberry mixture and remaining 2 tbs of orange juice in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and toss again.
- Scatter almonds over the top.