Ceviche Verde on Tostadas
- 1 lb halibut filet
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced tomatillos
- 1/2 cup onions, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- tostadas, for serving
- Chop the halibut into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a medium non metal bowl.
- Add 1 tsp kosher salt and toss to coat.
- add the lime juice and toss to coat. Marinate for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Dice the avocado and add to the bowl along with the olives, tomatillos, onion , cilantro leaves and jalapeno.
- Add the olive oil then taste for seasoning. Season with a little more salt if necessary.
- Serve on top of crispy tostadas.
Recipe adapted from Chef Johnny Hernandez of La Gloria in San Antonio Texas.