Ceviche Verde on Tostadas
|1 lb halibut filet|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|3 tbs fresh lime juice|
|2 avocados, peeled and pitted|
|3/4 cup green olives, sliced|
|1/4 cup diced tomatillos|
|1/2 cup onions, finely diced|
|1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves|
|1 jalapeno, seeded and minced|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|tostadas, for serving|
- Chop the halibut into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a medium non metal bowl.
- Add 1 tsp kosher salt and toss to coat.
- add the lime juice and toss to coat. Marinate for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Dice the avocado and add to the bowl along with the olives, tomatillos, onion , cilantro leaves and jalapeno.
- Add the olive oil then taste for seasoning. Season with a little more salt if necessary.
- Serve on top of crispy tostadas.
Recipe adapted from Chef Johnny Hernandez of La Gloria in San Antonio Texas.