Charcoal Grilled Oysters
- 1 pint of select oysters, drained (reserve liquor for another use)
- dash of kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a super simple delicious way to prepare oysters. The technique is to place the oysters in a hinged fish grilling basket and grill them over a hot charcoal fire. They can be served on a platter with toothpicks and a variety of dipping sauces of your choice.
- Drain oysters and gently place them in a hinged fish grilling grate.
- Place the grate over very hot coals and grill for about 2 minutes, or just until the edges begin to curl.
- Season with a little salt and pepper then place the oysters on a serving platter.
- Serve them with toothpicks and a variety of dipping sauces.