Creole Shrimp and Avocado Salad
|1 lb extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on|
|2 avocados, peeled and seeded and cut into quarters|
|juice and zest of 2 lemons|
|3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded|
|1 cup scallions, cut on the bias|
|1 ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and diced|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|2 tbs sherry vinegar|
|1 tbs creole seasoning|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Add the shrimp to a large saucepan or you may grill over charcoal. Cook the shrimp until cooked through turning once. 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, shred the romaine and place in a bowl.
- Add the scallions and tomatoes and gently mix.
- Next peel and seed the avocados, then sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Set aside
- Add the sherry vinegar to a small bowl and whisk in the olive oil, then season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- To serve salad, place and even amount of the romaine mixture among 4 salad plates or bowls, then arrange the shrimp evenly over each salad and sprinkle with creole seasoning.
- Place 2 of the avocado quarters on each salad, then sprinkle over lemon zest then pour over the dressing.