Mini Asparagus and Red Pepper Quiches
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 cups asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 tbs ap flour
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Blanch the asparagus by placing in a pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from water and set aside.
- Whisk evaporated milk, eggs and flour until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Stir in asparagus, cheese, asparagus and bell pepper.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture into each muffin cup, filling almost to the top.
- Stir mixture frequently to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near centers comes out clean and the tops a lightly browned.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Run knife or small, flat spatula around inside edges of muffin cups to carefully remove quiches.