Greek Fish Croquettes
|1 lb of swordfish|
|1 lb of salt cod|
|small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 medium onion, minced|
|3 eggs beaten|
|1 cup of beer|
|2 cups self rising flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|canola oil for frying|
These are delicious little fish balls that are wonderful as an appetizer.
- Soak the salt cod overnight refrigerated, changing water several times to remove salt.
- Remove any skin and bones from the cod and swordfish, then chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients to form a thick batter.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Once oil is hot drop tablespoons full of the batter into the hot oil. Fry in batches.
- Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.