Grilled Vegetable and Cheese Bruschetta
|2 yellow squash, thinly sliced|
|2 zucchini, thinly sliced|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1 baguette, cut into 16 slices|
|1/4 lb goat cheese, crumbled|
|1 (8 oz) jar of roasted red pepper strips, drained and patted dry|
|Baby spinach leaves for garnish|
- Spray a grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium high heat or preheat and oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine squash and zucchini slices, 1 tbs oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Grill or bake for 4-5 minutes on each side, until soft.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining 2 tbs of oil.
- Bake for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
- Top bread slices with crumbled goat cheese, roasted red pepper strips, grilled squash and zucchini.
- Cut baby spinach leaves into thin strips and use as a garnish on each bruschetta.