Italian Herb and Cheese Crusted Chicken Rolls
|1 (14 oz) can of whole tomatoes, diced|
|1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup asiago cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 head of roasted garlic.|
|2 tsp Italian seasoning|
|2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 cups Italian bread crumbs|
|kosher salt a black pepper to taste|
- Wrap a whole head of garlic in foil and bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- To prepare the chicken breasts, place them between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound them to 1/2 inch thick with a meat mallet or heavy pan.
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl add the chopped tomatoes, cheeses, roasted garlic and parsley. Season with a little salt and pepper, then mix well to combine.
- In the center of each chicken breast place 2-3 tbs of the tomato cheese mixture, then roll the chicken breast the encase the filling.
- Secure the chicken rolls with toothpicks.
- Trim the ends of the chicken rolls in order to give them a uniform appearance.
- Brush the outside of the chicken rolls with olive oil, then dip them into the seasoned bread crumbs to cover completely.
- Shake off excess then place the rolls on a foil covered baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes or until cooked through. in a 350 degree oven.