Jamaican Escabeche of Crab
|2 lbs of jumbo lump crab meat or King or snow crab cut into large chunks|
|1 and 1/2 cups white vinegar|
|1/2 cup water|
|1 large red onion, chopped|
|1 carrot, cut into julienne|
|1 rib celery sliced|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|8 large peppercorns|
|1 bay leaf|
|2 tbs Fresh parsley chopped|
|butter lettuce cups for serving|
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan, except for the crab and parsley.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add the crab meat and gently mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
- Can be served in butter lettuce cups garnish with parsley.