Mexican Three Bean Salad
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs lime zest
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine beans in a mixing bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl combine the oil, honey, lime juice, garlic, lime zest, then pour over the bean mixture.
- Top with cilantro and mix until the beans are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Before serving let return to room temperature.