Mexican Three Bean Salad
|2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 cups pinto beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 cups garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbs honey|
|2 tbs lime juice|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 tbs lime zest|
|2 tsp chili powder|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Combine beans in a mixing bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl combine the oil, honey, lime juice, garlic, lime zest, then pour over the bean mixture.
- Top with cilantro and mix until the beans are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Before serving let return to room temperature.