Neon Green Crisp Asparagus
|1 lb of large asparagus|
|large bowl of ice water|
|kosher salt to taste|
|melted butter (optional)|
This is a super simple technique that will yield beautifully bright green crispy asparagus.
- Snap off the tough ends of each asparagus. Using a knife, trim the bottom ends of the asparagus so that they are approximately the same length.
- Using a vegetable peeler or sharp knife, start from the top bud of the asparagus and carefully peel away all skin.
- Tie the asparagus into four equal sized bundles using the butchers twine.
- Bring a large saucepan filled with water to a rolling boil, then add the asparagus bundles. Allow to blanch for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the bundles at once, then plunge into the ice water bath, until slightly cooled
- Remove the bundles from the ice bath and remove the butchers twine.
- Season the asparagus with a little kosher salt
- Can be served with melted butter if desired.