Nutty Caramel Brownies
- 1 (18 ounce) package of German chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 (14 oz) package caramels, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter and 1/3 cup of evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Press half the mixture into a greased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over the baked layer.
- Meanwhile, melt the caramels with the remaining 1/3 cup of evaporated milk in a saucepan over low heat and stir until well blended.
- Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon remaining cake batter over caramel until completely covered.
- Bake for another 15-18 minutes, or until tests done.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars