Roasted Garlic Puree
|10 whole heads of garlic|
|1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin oil|
|dash of kosher salt|
Roasted garlic takes on a sweet savory flavor that is devoid of the bitterness of fresh garlic. The roasted garlic is mixed with extra virgin olive and a little salt. It is very versatile and can be used to spread on pizza fish, grilled meats or vegetables.
- Cut 1/2 inch from the top of each garlic head and add them to a roasting pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and roast the garlic in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the garlic is completely soft.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once garlic is cool, squeeze the garlic from each head into a bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon slowly add the olive oil until you have reached the desired consistency.
- Season with a little salt and add the a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Will keep for several weeks.