Seafood Ceviche with Mango Puree
- 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
- juice of 5 limes
- 3 tsp habanero hot sauce
- 3 tbs of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red or yellow pepper, minced
- 1/2 lb small uncooked shrimp
- 1/2 lb squid bodies, cut into rings
- 1/2 lb bay scallops
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Butter lettuce leaves for serving
- Add the mango to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the mango pure to a non metal bowl along with all other ingredients and combine well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, mixing once.
- Line attractive serving plates or glasses with butter lettuce leaves and top with the ceviche.