Shaved Fennel Salad
|2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced paper thin|
|1 medium cucumber, sliced into paper thin coins|
|1/3 cup fresh dill, tightly packed|
|1/3 cup lemon juice|
|1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup pine nuts|
|3 cups arugula|
|1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled|
- In a bowl, combine the fennel, cucumbers, dill, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Prior to serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes, shaking halfway through until fragrant and golden brown.
- When ready to serve, place arugula in a large bowl and pour all of the fennel mixture on top.
- Toss gently, but evenly.
- Adjust taste with more dressing.
- Serve topped with roasted pine nuts and feta cheese crumbles.