Shrimp and Squid Sour Orange Ceviche
- 1/2 lb fresh small shrimp
- 1/2 lb squid bodies, cut into 1/8 inch rings
- 1 tbs cilantro
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 habanero or scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and minced
- Juice from 1 orange
- juice from 2 limes1 clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a nonmetal bowl mix together the orange and lime juices. Whisk to combine.
- Add the shrimp, squid, cilantro, onions, peppers and garlic and mix well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate covered for 20 minutes.
- Serve in attractive bowls or martini glasses lined with butter lettuce leaves.