Shrimp and Squid Sour Orange Ceviche
|1/2 lb fresh small shrimp|
|1/2 lb squid bodies, cut into 1/8 inch rings|
|1 tbs cilantro|
|1 small red onion, minced|
|1/2 habanero or scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and minced|
|Juice from 1 orange|
|juice from 2 limes1 clove garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- In a nonmetal bowl mix together the orange and lime juices. Whisk to combine.
- Add the shrimp, squid, cilantro, onions, peppers and garlic and mix well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate covered for 20 minutes.
- Serve in attractive bowls or martini glasses lined with butter lettuce leaves.