Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
|10 scotch bonnet peppers|
|2 chayote (available at Latin Stores)|
|3 cloves garlic|
|1/2 inch fresh ginger|
|10 allspice berries|
|oil for frying|
|1/2 cup white vinegar|
- Peel and chop the carrots, chayote.
- Chop the garlic,peppers, onions and grate the ginger.
- Add a little oil to a frying pan and gently fry the onion for about three minutes.
- Add the chayote, carrot, allspice, garlic and ginger. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper and vinegar and fry for another 10 minutes.
- Add ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend into a paste.
- Once the mixture has cooled, press through a wire mesh strainer, separating all the juice from the pulp.
- Transfer sauce to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled.