Spicy Tempura Bacon and Blue Cheese Jalapeno Peppers
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1/2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ap flour, sifted
- 1 cup ice water
- canola oil for deep frying
- 10-15 whole jalapeno peppers
- Fry the bacon until almost crispy, the cut into a dice.
- Add the cream and blue cheeses to a large bowl and using a wooden spoon mix well until combined.
- Add the bacon and combine again.
- Using a small paring knife cut the tops from the jalapenos and remove the seeds.
- Using a small spoon stuff each jalapeno with the cheese and bacon mixture and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or deep fryer fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- While the oil is heating mix the sifted flour with the ice water and combine well.
- Once oil is hot dip each pepper into the tempura batter, let excess drip off and fry in batches until the peppers are golden. About 4 minutes.