|1 lb of lamb sweetbreads|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic crushed|
|Milk to cover|
|1 cup rice flour|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Oil for deep frying|
- Soak the sweetbreads in milk for about 1 hour.
- Add the sweetbreads to a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Add the onion and garlic and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the sweetbreads for 18-20 minutes.
- Drain the sweet breads and allow to cool slightly. Carefully remove the membrane from each sweetbread and allow to cool further.
- Season the sweetbreads with salt and pepper, then dredge in rice flour.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer, fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Once oil is hot, fry the sweetbreads in batches until golden and crispy. About 6-5 minutes.
- Serve using toothpicks and dipping sauces of your choice.