Three Bean Salad
- 1 and 1/2 cups of shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can of black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the edamame in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain well and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Place in a serving bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat, then add the cumin and stir until fragrant. About 1 minute.
- Add the beans, peas, edamame, onion, celery, cilantro and lime juice to a large bowl and gently mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle the cumin oil and gently toss again to coat.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes before serving.