Wheat Berry Salad
|1 and 1/2 cups wheat berries|
|2 small seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced|
|1 and 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved|
|4 scallions, thinly sliced|
|6 radishes, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cups mixed herbs (parsley,chives, basil, tarragon)|
|3 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese|
- Bring a saucepan filled with 4 cups of salted water to a boil.
- Add the wheat berries, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Drain well set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl toss the sliced vegetables and herbs with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until well coated.
- When wheat berries are cool, add to the bowl with the vegetables, toss to combine well, then sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.