Wheat Berry Salad
- 1 and 1/2 cups wheat berries
- 2 small seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cups mixed herbs (parsley,chives, basil, tarragon)
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a saucepan filled with 4 cups of salted water to a boil.
- Add the wheat berries, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Drain well set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl toss the sliced vegetables and herbs with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until well coated.
- When wheat berries are cool, add to the bowl with the vegetables, toss to combine well, then sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.