Brownie Pudding Cake
- 1 cup ap flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder, divided
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 and 1/3 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, 1/3 of the cocoa, the baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, butter, milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Spread the batter into an ungreased 8×8 pan.
- Mix the remaining cocoa and the brown sugar with the boiling water until everything is dissolved.
- Pour over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some crumbs, or it has risen and is pulling away from the sides of the pan. Don’t overbake.
- The pudding name comes from the delicious saucy goo that will be on the bottom of the pan.
- Make sure to spoon that on top of the pieces.
- Serve with ice cream.