Caribbean Mango Relish
|2 hard, green (unripe) mangoes, about 1 lb each|
|1 tsp garlic, minced|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp fresh hot red or green pepper, seeded and minced|
|1 tbs olive oil|
This relish is great with curry and makes and excellent accompaniment to fish or grilled meat.
- Peel the mangoes and grate down to the seeds or cut off the flesh and mince.
- add the garlic, salt and hot pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Place in a clean jar, and top with the oil.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to use. The relish will keep for several days.
- Traditionally eaten with rice and peas and is good with curry and cooked or cold meats.