Charred Corn Tomato Steak Fajitas
|4 corn tortillas|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1/4 cup cilantro, chopped|
|juice of 2 limes|
|1 tsp sugar|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 lb flank steak|
|1/2 cup ripe tomatoes, cut into large chunks|
|1 and 1/2 tbs cotija cheese, crumbled|
|4 bibb lettuce leaves|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 cup corn kernals|
|1/2 cup red onion, diced|
|1 poblano, cut into strips|
- Combine garlic, jalapeno, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, sugar and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well combined and transfer to a gallon zip lock bag, then add the flank steak and marinate refrigerated for 4 hours.
- Assemble the tomatoes, cheese and lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and place an 8 inch cast iron pan directly on the grill or over side burner and set to medium high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinate, pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak for 6-8 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Remove and allow steak to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice steak across the grain into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Meanwhile, coat the cast iron pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Add the corn, red onion and polbano peppers. Saute for 6-8 minutes or until the corn has char marks and the peppers are tender crisp.
- Coat the corn tortillas with non stick spray, then grill on each side for about 20 seconds.
- Place the sliced steak on the tortillas toped with the corn mixture.