Chorizo Pastry Puffs
|1/2 lb frozen puff pastry, thawed|
|1/4 lb cured chorizo sausage, minced|
|1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, grated|
|1 egg beaten|
|3 tsp paprika|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured work surface.
- Using a 3 inch pastry cutter, stamp out as many rounds as possible then re-roll the trimmings and stamp our more rounds. About 16 in all.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put the chorizo and grated cheese in a bowl and mix together. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Lay one of the pastry rounds in the palm of your hand and place a little of the chorizo cheese mixture across the center.
- Using your other hand, pinch the edges of the pastry together along the top to seal, as when making a miniature turnover. Repeat the process with the remaining rounds.
- Place the pastries on a non-stick baking sheet and brush lightly with the beaten egg to glaze.
- Dust the top of the pastries lightly with paprika.
- Bake the pastries for 10-12 minutes, until they are puffed and golden brown.
- Transfer the pastries to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes.