Crab Salad with Arugula
|1 lb jumbo lump crab meat|
|2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped|
|2 small red onions, minced|
|4 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|4 tbs capers, drained|
|grated rind and juice of 3 lemons|
|Tabasco sauce to taste|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/4 lb arugula leaves|
|4 tbs sunflower oil|
|2 tbs fresh lime juice|
- Place the crab meat into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the peppers, onions, cilantro, capers, lemon rind and juice and gently mix well, taking care not to break up the lumps.
- Season with salt and pepper and a few drops of Tabasco.
- To make the salad, wash the arugula leaves and pat them dry.
- Divide among eight plates.
- Mix together the oil and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Dress the arugula leaves with the oil and lime juice.
- Pile the crab salad on top and serve garnished with lemon rind strips.