Crab Salad with Arugula
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 small red onions, minced
- 4 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbs capers, drained
- grated rind and juice of 3 lemons
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb arugula leaves
- 4 tbs sunflower oil
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- Place the crab meat into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the peppers, onions, cilantro, capers, lemon rind and juice and gently mix well, taking care not to break up the lumps.
- Season with salt and pepper and a few drops of Tabasco.
- To make the salad, wash the arugula leaves and pat them dry.
- Divide among eight plates.
- Mix together the oil and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Dress the arugula leaves with the oil and lime juice.
- Pile the crab salad on top and serve garnished with lemon rind strips.