Cream of Tomato and Peach Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb peeled peaches, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- fresh tarragon for garnish
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the onion in 2 tbs of butter for about 5 minutes using medium low heat until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and peaches and simmer until the tomatoes and peaches break up. About 7-8 minutes.
- Add the tomato and peach mixture to a food processor or blender and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Puree until the mixture is very smooth. Add the cream and pulse until combined.
- Taste for seasoning and re-season if necessary.
- Chill covered for several hours before serving. (may be served warm if desired)
- To serve, ladle in bowls and garnish with fresh tarragon.