French Caribbean Sauce Piquant
- 2 tbs capers
- 2 tbs chopped cornichon (French Gherkins)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 fresh red hot pepper, seeded and minced (more if you like it really hot)
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
This is version of hot sauce that is commonly used on the French Islands of the Caribbean.
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Serve with cold meats, hors d’ oeuvres, or with plainly cooked meats, fish and shell fish.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled.