Herb Turkey Sliders
|1/4 cup red onion, minced|
|1/4 cup fresh basil, minced|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced|
|1 tbs tomato paste|
|1 tbs garlic|
|1 and 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, toasted and crushed|
|1 and 1/2 tsp dried oregano|
|1 tsp lemon zest|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp red pepper flakes|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
|1 lb ground turkey|
|mini whole grain slider buns|
- Put the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add turkey and gently mix with your hands until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 (2 oz) patties. (about the size of your palm)
- Put the patties on a heated grill and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes more or until cooked through.
- Serve on buns with slices of lettuce, tomato and avocado.