Herb Turkey Sliders
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1 and 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- lettuce leaves
- sliced tomato
- sliced avocado
- mini whole grain slider buns
- Put the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add turkey and gently mix with your hands until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 (2 oz) patties. (about the size of your palm)
- Put the patties on a heated grill and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes more or until cooked through.
- Serve on buns with slices of lettuce, tomato and avocado.